FPA is delivering a programme to promote sexual and reproductive health information across England, funded by Public Health England.
- Increase awareness and understanding of the full range of contraceptive options, including long-acting reversible contraception (LARC).
- Promote accurate impartial information on pregnancy choices.
- Promote pregnancy planning to give both mother and baby the best start in life.
- Promote self-esteem and improved sexual health wellbeing to contribute towards an open and honest culture.
- Increase understanding and awareness of sexually transmitted infections.
- Promote safer sex messages with an emphasis on consistent condom use.
- Increase awareness of services and support (local and national services).
What resources are available now
The programme is focused on digital resources aimed at both the public and health professionals.
We currently offer:
- High-quality, evidence-based information on contraception, sexually transmitted infections and pregnancy choices to the public through our digital information hub, Sexwise.
- Contraception at a glance downloadable chart.
- A digital patient information service for professionals with key patient information on each topic. This can be printed or emailed to patients. Registration is currently required to use this service.
- Quarterly information updates by email for all professionals registered with our digital patient information service.
- A programme of digital health promotion toolkits and short webinars for professionals.
- PDF copies of all our information booklets available to download.
Our public-facing information is accredited by the Information Standard.
We can't provide you with printed information booklets for free but all our booklets are still available to buy.
How we can work with you
If you work directly with patients please register so that you have full access to all our resources and updates and also get the opportunity to provide us with feedback about what you need.
If you're a commissioner or work in a public health team we would love to talk to you directly about your area and how we can help. Contact us at [email protected]
Our future plans
We've just launched our new digital information hub, Sexwise.
Over the rest of 2017-18 we'll be:
- producing more digital toolkits and webinars for professionals
- producing a programme of information videos
- reviewing how we can further support local providers and reach new public audiences
- reviewing how we can ensure digitally excluded and hard to reach people have access to high-quality information
- strengthening and expanding our communication networks and giving information, support and promotion to local and national services and initiatives.