Yasmine and Tom
Welcome to Module One of Growing Up with Yasmine and Tom. In this area you will find information on getting started. We’ve provided lesson plans, worksheets, card games, and interactive whiteboard activities (interactions), to help you guide your pupils through the different subject areas.
Scroll through the lesson list below to choose a lesson for your class. To see all the lessons in this Module please click the “Show all lessons” link below.
Read the Essential guide for teachers before you deliver any lessons.
- I can describe some ways that boys and girls are similar or the same.
- I know that there is more than one way to be a boy and more than one way to be a girl.
- To be introduced to the theme and characters for this series of lessons.
- To begin to be able to challenge gender stereotypes.
- Introduction Video: Introducing Yasmine and Tom supported by teacher helpsheet B which provides background information on Yasmine and Tom.
- Interactive whiteboard resource:Gender Stereotypes.
- A range of toys and/or pictures of toys.
- Labels 'Boy' 'Girl' 'Both' and set circles/hoops.
- Relevant booklists can be found in various places such as the Stonewall website or LetterBox Library.
30 - 40 minutes.
Friendships and feelings
This content is only available in the full version of Yasmine and Tom.
If you would like access please Purchase a full licence.