“I feel confident and inspired.”
Course participant, Cornwall Youth Service
This eight-day course is the complete ‘how to’ of sexual health design, development, delivery and evaluation. It focuses on training skills, not sexual health knowledge.
This is a course for anyone who trains, or is interested in training, professionals in sexual health. It covers introductory elements such as creating a safe, welcoming learning environment, learning cycles and styles, the context for sexual health training and group dynamics.
It also addresses the design, delivery and evaluation of training courses, offering participants the opportunity to develop pieces of work to take away and use in the workplace.
It helps participants develop or enhance their existing facilitation skills in a peer-led, safe environment. It also provides support in developing inclusive practice, dealing with difficult situations and challenges, and giving and receiving feedback.
Participants should have pre-existing knowledge in this area.
To build on existing sexual health knowledge and experience developing confident and competent trainers with a strong theoretical understanding which informs practice.
- Have increased awareness of the context in which sexual health training occurs. Covering anti discriminatory practice, impact of values/society and inclusive practice.
- Know how to consistently design well-structured training programmes. Covering group work theories, learning styles and comprehensive design process.
- Be able to understand and apply facilitation skills. Covering interventions, overcoming challenging situations and dealing with conflict.
- Become more aware of what makes a competent sexual health trainer. Covering self reflection and self awareness, building on strengths and giving and receiving effective feedback.
Number of days
Get this course on request
We'll deliver this course at a date and venue to suit you. Call 020 7608 5277 to discuss your team's requirements or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.
- £5,600 plus trainer expenses.
- Maximum of 12 participants.