“All areas covered in depth with relevant resources.”
Course participant, Bridgend Youth Service
This one-day course is for anyone working with young people who is new to sexual health, or any experienced staff who need a refresher.
The day starts by looking at reproductive biology, making sure that all participants know the correct terms and functions. The course then looks at contraception and sexually transmitted infections (STIs) as they relate to young people.
Participants explore the context of their work, including statistics on teenage pregnancy and rising numbers of sexually transmitted infections diagnoses among young people.
The course ends by looking at how to share this information with young people in different settings.
To provide information about contraception and sexually transmitted infections in relation to young people.
- Identify how the reproductive system works.
- Explore contraception for young people.
- Gain information about sexually transmitted infections including HIV in relation to young people.
- Discuss ways of sharing this information with young people.
Number of days
The FPA booklet Love S.T.I.ngs may also be of interest
Get this course on request
We'll deliver this course at a date and venue to suit you. Call 020 7608 5277 to discuss your team's requirements or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.
- £995 plus trainer expenses.
- Maximum of 12 participants.