Please note that your place cannot be confirmed unless you have a valid debit/credit card, PayPal account or a purchase order number from the person paying for your place. Please do not start the booking process unless you have these details available.
Revised and updated two-day course. 12 CPD hours (structured and interactive continuing professional development).
Includes guidance on all forms of contraception including the contraceptive vaginal ring, all methods of emergency contraception, and undertaking pill checks.
This course is for professionals who wish to gain an understanding of contraception and the skills needed to communicate about it.
The course provides detailed information about all forms of contraception and is particularly useful for youth workers, teachers, outreach workers, nurses, midwives and health visitors who have not had in-depth training about contraceptive methods or family planning.
Please note that this course is not the FSRH Diploma (Diplomate Assessment of the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare). Please contact the Faculty directly if you are a nurse or doctor and you wish to undertake this diploma or if you need to undertake clinical training to provide intrauterine or sub-dermal methods of contraception in your practice or service.
To enable participants to support clients in their contraceptive decision-making using up-to-date information.
- Gain knowledge about the full range of contraceptive methods currently available.
- Be able to raise the issue of contraception and communicate more confidently in response to questions that may be asked.
- Understand the factors that may influence contraceptive decision-making in the lives and relationships of clients.
- Review the way in which own environment or service supports clients in making contraceptive choices.
- Know what resources can be used to support work with clients.
Number of days
Two (You need to attend both days)
20-21 March 2018
The FPA Contraceptive display kit may also be of interest
The course will take place at The Samaritans Centreal London Office, 46, Marshall Street, London, W1F9BF.
Course time: 9.30am–4.30pm
Lunch is not provided but tea and coffee will be available.
This two-day course takes place on Tuesday 20 and Wednesday 21 March 2018. You need to attend both days.