The law around sex can be complex and confusing. Policy statements from individual organisations often add to this confusion and leave staff very unsure of what they can and cannot do. In particular, age can be a confusing factor when working with young people.
This one-day course is suitable for anyone wanting to clarify what the law currently says about sexual activity and how their organisation’s policy should support them.
Participants can come from any setting where this information would be useful working with young people. It is particularly helpful for those working in settings where confidentiality is important and for those developing relationships and sex policies.
To clarify and explore the law relating to sex and young people especially the Sexual Offences Act 2003, and the context in which the law applies.
- Understand the law as it applies to sex and young people.
- Understand the context in which the law applies.
- Explore the meaning of confidentiality and how to foster a confidential environment.
- Consider implications for workplace policies and guidelines.
Number of days
The FPA Factfile and Factsheets may also be of interest
Get this course on request
We'll deliver this course at a date and venue to suit you. Call 020 7608 5277 to discuss your team's requirements or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.
- £995 plus trainer expenses.
- Maximum of 12 participants.