Our sexual health helpline can give you confidential information and advice and provide booklets on:
- contraception methods
- common sexually transmitted infections
- pregnancy choices, abortion and planning a pregnancy.
We can also give you details of:
- contraception clinics
- sexual health and genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
- sexual assault referral centres.
FPA sexual health helpline
0845 122 8690
9am to 1pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to midday Friday
(closed on bank holidays)
Due to a lack of funding, FPA's helpline is now operating a reduced service and will close down on Friday 28 March 2014. Can you help us re-open this valuable service?
FPA sexual health helpline Northern Ireland
0845 122 8687
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
About the FPA helpline
We will talk to you whatever your age, religion, culture, sexual orientation or ethnic background.
Deaf and hard of hearing callers can speak to us using the Text Relay service.
We can talk with you in your own language. When you call, tell us the language you speak and we will arrange an interpreter.
Your call is confidential
Remember, your call will be confidential*. We don’t ask for your name and address unless you want us to send you further information.
- We do not keep your personal details.
- We only share information about your call outside the helpline service if we believe that you or someone else is seriously at risk of harm.
- We will always tell you if we feel we need to do this and we will ask for your permission.
*0845 numbers appear on telephone bills, but do not identify the service. Calls may be monitored at times for training purposes and to help us improve the service we provide.
What can I expect when I call?
You can expect the following:
- non-judgemental expert advice from our trained advisers
- current information on sexual health and clinics
- booklets and written information, if requested
- to feel heard and listened to
- to be treated with respect
- to feel supported in making choices about your sexual health.
Contact us by post
You can write to us, if you would prefer, at:
FPA Enquiry Service
50 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8QU.
We aim to send a reply within five working days of receiving your letter. You can also request free copies of FPA booklets by sending a stamped, addressed envelope to the same address.
FPA Web Enquiry Service – Ask WES
Send us your questions about sexual health at any time with Ask WES, our anonymous and confidential online service. We will reply to you within five working days.