FPA sexual health helpline Northern Ireland
0345 122 8687
9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (except bank holidays).
You can also call this number to make an appointment with our Pregnancy Choices and Post-Abortion Counselling Service.
Our sexual health helpline can give you confidential information on:
- contraception methods
- common sexually transmitted infections
- pregnancy choices, abortion and planning a pregnancy.
We can also give you details of:
- contraception clinics
- sexual health and genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
- sexual assault referral centres.
FPA sexual health helpline England
Due to a lack of funding, we regret that FPA's helpline is now closed.
You can call the National Sexual Health Helpline provided by Public Health England on 0300 123 7123 (Monday–Friday, 9am to 8pm; Weekends, 11am to 4pm)
About FPA helplines
We will talk to you whatever your age, religion, culture, sexual orientation or ethnic background.
Your call is confidential
Remember, your call will be confidential*. We don’t ask for your name and address unless you want us to send you further information.
- We do not keep your personal details.
- We only share information about your call outside the helpline service if we believe that you or someone else is seriously at risk of harm.
- We will always tell you if we feel we need to do this and we will ask for your permission.
*0345 numbers appear on telephone bills, but do not identify the service. Calls may be monitored at times for training purposes and to help us improve the service we provide.
What can I expect when I call?
You can expect the following:
- non-judgemental advice
- current information on sexual health and clinics
- booklets and written information, if requested
- to feel heard and listened to
- to be treated with respect
- to feel supported in making choices about your sexual health.