Let’s talk about porn
For Sexual Health Week this year, we're talking about porn.
We want to support people to have more open discussions about subjects related to porn, such as body image, consent, communication, safer sex...and the difference between fantasy and reality.
Through our work with parents, teachers and young people we've often found that the most successful way to have those discussions is through an open-minded, positive and non-judgemental approach to the topic.
Support for teachers
- Work in a secondary school? Sign up to get your free resource pack.
- Read our tips, resources and training (PDF) for talking about porn.
- Get the training you need: find out more about our Young people, sexuality and the digital world course.
Support for parents
- Take action - let your child's school know you support them providing comprehensive relationships and sex education.
- Read our tips to help you have open, honest conversations about relationships, sex and porn (PDF).
Support for health professionals
Information for young people
- Porn can lead to a lot of questions, and we're here to help you find some of the answers.
Show your support for Sexual Health Week with our banners for social media and digital screens.
Download free posters to celebrate Sexual Health Week!
Porn is one of those thought-provoking subjects that everyone has an opinion on. So why not join the conversation on Twitter? Just use the hashtag #SHW17.
Sexual Health Week display packs
Want to celebrate Sexual Health Week with a display in your clinic, school or centre?
- 2 x professionally printed A3 posters
- 10 x Love, Sex, Relationships – helps young people explore how they feel about their own sexuality, body image and relationships
- 10 x Love STIngs – a beginner’s guide to sexually transmitted infections
- 10 x Is Everybody Doing It? – your guide to contraception
- 10 x 4Boys – a guide to the male body
- 10 x 4Girls – a guide to the female body
This variety pack of our most popular booklets for young people (normally only available in separate packs of 50) is only available as a special offer to celebrate Sexual Health Week. So don’t miss out – get yours now!
Where we stand
Our policy on pornography (PDF) outlines our position, for anyone who would like to read further.