We are delighted to announce the winners of the 2014 Awards.
The Awards took place on Friday 14 March at a glittering awards ceremony hosted by hosted by top comic, novelist and actor Jenny Eclair.
Sexual health professional of the year
- Elaine Doherty, South Tyneside NHS Foundation Trust
- Oluwatoyin Tinu O.Oluwole, Junction Health Centre – Care UK
Young person of the year
- Lemar Johnson, G4S Medical Services
Adult sexual health service/project of the year
- Chandni Clinic, Sexual Health Department, Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust Dewsbury
Young people's sexual health service/project of the year
- PASH Young People’s Peer Education Project, Centre for HIV and Sexual Health, Sexual Health Sheffield
The Pamela Sheridan Sex and Relationships Education Award
- www.easySRE.net, Walsall Teenage Pregnancy Team (Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust) in partnership with Walsall Council and Catcher Media
Sexual health media campaign/storyline of the year
- Casualty: “Unsilenced”, FGM storyline, BBC Casualty
Rosemary Goodchild Award for excellence in sexual health journalism
- Sex Abuse in Schools: The Parents Who Want a Change to the Law by Louise Tickle, The Guardian Weekend
Parliamentarian of the year
Rt Hon Yvette Cooper MP
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dilys Cossey OBE and Dr David Paintin
Huge congratulations to all the winners. Our thanks also go to everyone who made a nomination – the process highlighted the many incredible people, projects, services, campaigns and storylines out there.
You can find the full list of shortlisted finalists here.
Who can enter the Awards?
The UK Sexual Health Awards is open to professionals, educators, volunteers, young people, community based services, campaigners, journalists, advertisers and scriptwriters – all who make a difference with their work related to sexual health.