With 15 methods of contraception available, how do you choose the best one for you?
My Contraception Tool can help you decide.
Answer the questions below and it will suggest methods to suit you and your lifestyle.
Whatever My Contraception Tool recommends, use a male or female condom to help protect yourself against sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Useful to know
- All the methods recommended by My Contraception Tool are for women, except for the male condom and male sterilisation.
- In the longer version we ask about your BMI (Body Mass Index). More about BMI at NHS choices.
- Women who are HIV positive may find NAM's HIV and contraception tool useful.
- More about using My Contraception Tool
- How My Contraception Tool works and frequently asked questions.
- Where to get contraception.
At the moment My Contraception Tool works best on desktops or tablets due to the space needed for the results screen. If you're on your phone, you can still use the tool but you may need to scroll from left to right to see the whole results screen.